(And a birthday!)
Hello everyone! Please welcome Maisey Yates as my special author guest today. She writes for Harlequin Presents, and it’s totally exciting because she’s currently the youngest author with that line. Her first book, His Virgin Acquisition, was released October 1, 2010, and got rave reviews. Anyway, let’s get right on to what Maisey called “The Limeterview” 😛
1. What’s your favorite type of cheese? This is a hard question, because cheese is awesome. But my husband makes a mean homemade mozzarella.
2. What’s your writing process? It varies. Generally though, I plot character arc/conflict and pants from there. 🙂 My process also seems to include a lot of revisions, but they’ve certainly made me a stronger writer!
4. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you at school? I only went to public school through sixth grade, until college so my stories are limited. I did throw up in front of the whole class once. (I am sorry I asked >.<)
5. How do you feel about the dentist? The dentist is great. I would love to be able to afford to go to one. 😉
6. What’s the first thing you learned how to cook? Spaghetti. I was nine and my mom was sick and one of our next door neighbors came and told me how silly it was I didn’t know how to cook for my mother, so she directed the process.
7. Which time period/area would you most like to go to? Ancient Greece, Rome, Egypt, China, Mesopotamia, Africa, or South America? I’m going to go with China. Jeannie Lin made me want a little Tang Dynasty action. Plus, don’t fancy being thrown into the arena in Rome…
8. Do you eat marshmallows straight out of the bag, hold them at the edge of the fire till they’re lightly golden brown, or torch them till they’re black and crackly on the outside? I eat marshmallows all those ways plus just in my hot chocolate till they get all melty. I aspire one day to make homemade marshmallows, but haven’t been brave enough yet.
9. “Celebrity” Author death match – who would you most want to take on? [you don’t have to say why ;)] since I brought up Jeannie Lin, I’ll say her. Here’s why: She’s really sweet, and she’s about a foot shorter than me. I like those odds.
10. We’re going to play word association – you need to respond with the first thing that comes to mind. (We did this via email, basically using it as “instant messaging.”)
Tudor: Jonathan Rhys Meyers
jello: bone marrow
mauve: The Golden Girls
With my next release, An Accidental Birthright, I wanted to kind of do a twist on the theme of a secret baby. To have the hero and heroine find themselves in the position of having a baby together when they have nothing in common, and no connection beyond their mutual love and desire to see the best thing done for their child. And at the time, IVF mix-ups were big news so I got to thinking…And it’s a dangerous thing when an author, at least this author, gets to thinking.
An IVF clinic mix-up means eternally single Alison Whitman is now carrying the child – no, the royal heir – of Maximo Rossi, Prince of Turan! Now he’ll take her for his wife! Maximo had given up on the hope of fatherhood a long time ago – until this surprise second chance. Now, the dynamic ruler will seize the opportunity with both hands. However, tradition is high on the prince’s agenda, and he’ll never stand for an heir born out of wedlock. Alison is about to find out that royal marriage is a command, not a choice!
An Accidental Birthright is available on eharlequin.com now, and will be available in store in April! And, lucky me, I have another release, The Inherited Bride, hitting the shelves in May, and it actually features a character that you’ll meet in An Accidental Birthright. 🙂
Thanks for coming to play with us Maisey! (Also you guys – what a weirdo with her word associations, right? :X) But really – y’all should talk to her because guess what? Tomorrow is Ms. Maisey’s BIRTHDAY! That’s right – she’s turning twelve!!! Heh ok, so she’s turning 25. A whole quarter of a century. Infant. Isn’t she so adorable in her party dress? 😉 So everyone wish the baby a happy birthday!!! 😀
Right, and for her birthday, Maisey is very generously giving away two copies of An Accidental Birthright – so … Maisey is too nice to make you work for it, but I’m not. I want meaningful comments, people! Either about Harlequin Presents, or birthday stuff. Cheers and good luck! ❤
*ETA: And totally off topic, and definitely not my favorite show – at all but the Travel Channel is donating $0.10 for every person who watches the new episode of Bizarre Foods tonight. Try to tune in, if at all possible, even just for background noise…